I am not starting from scratch. Over the years I have been reading about different plants and how to grow them successfully. I've planted peppers, basil, cilantro and other spices in pots. I know I can grow things successfully in pots. I moved on to on the ground. A few years ago I transplanted a small, dwarf, lemon tree from a pot to the ground. The tree did amazingly well. I then planted a nectarine tree a few years after the lemon tree. That tree also did amazingly well. A few years after that I planted a fig tree between the lemon and the nectarine tree. That tree is also doing well. My yard is very small, three trees make it a little crowded. For a couple few years I didn't think I could fit a garden in that same yard. I think it was an excuse for me not to do the work. time to add to my garden. I'm building some raised beds.
No comments:
Post a Comment